31 August 2012

Second Graders and Truck Drivers

I have been doing a lot of reading.... the internet is such a wealth of information (both good and bad). There are so many stories of sexual harassment and sexual assault in the trucking industry. Horror stories of women being assaulted by their trainers (during the training period when you are a student driver just after CDL school) or having trainers fail them if they refuse to perform sexual favors.

It's horrifying. I desperately hope that I can find a company that will pair me with a female trainer. I want to be safe (doesn't everyone?) and contemplating bringing mace along when I start as a student driver.  I am almost six feet tall and I have a background in martial arts, but a girl can't be too careful.

I accidentally came across something really lovely. A story about a really cute interaction between a busload of second graders and a truck driver. Click here to read. It's heartwarming and lovely and you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment