27 December 2012

Frustrating Logistics of Going Home

What on a map is only a two hour drive (from our apartment to the terminal) ends up being three hours of driving. That's a six hour round-trip. Not good. That ends up being twelve hours of driving (to be picked up at the terminal and then taken back). Getting routed to the Indianapolis terminal was a pain and then the logistics of being picked up.... mean I'm not going to be taking home-time again for a while.

Which sucks. Probably going to wait until I've earned enough home-time to take an entire week off before I try to come home again.

When my probationary period is done (and when I can afford the pet deposit), I'm going to look into having my cat in the truck. It would make life less lonely if I'm going to be gone from home for such long stretches of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment