14 January 2013

Monday, Monday

It's about 9am local time.  They haven't gotten around to looking at my truck yet.  I went in when they opened and gave the key to a mechanic, explained about the fuel primer pump (I left the new one in a box in the driver-side floorboard) and that I had no idea what had caused the truck to break down on the highway.

This is the shop that does all the work for our Kentucky terminal, so at least there won't be weird approval things when its time to pay for the work. My company has an account with them.

When I first called the breakdown number, they explained that the usual way things were done is that the driver would just pay for their own hotel room and then the company reimburses.  I didn't have the money to do that, so I was told to just sleep in the truck that night (the mechanic's shop is next to a truck stop, so that wasn't much of a hardship) and then call another person at the company tomorrow who had the ability to approve/pay for a hotel room.  Yesterday, it was pouring down rain and I didn't want to walk to the hotel carrying all my stuff (and it wasn't very cold in the daytime) so I just stayed in the truck again. 

Last night was really cold and my bunk heater wouldn't kick on.  If I'm here another night, I will be definitely getting a hotel room.  If I hadn't doubled up on my CDL school loan payment, I'd have had the money to just get a room for a few days and be reimbursed later.

I got a pay advance this morning (yay!) so at least I will be able to eat while I'm here.  I'm down to just peanut butter in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment