15 January 2013

Still Waiting . . .

They didn't finish my truck yesterday, but they were going to have someone in overnight to work on it in the shop. I had my company put me up in a nearby hotel.  (It was oh so lovely to have a real bath!)

I got a call from the manage of our Georgia terminal.  He wanted to know if I was available for a load out of there at midnight.  My dispatcher had apparently put my truck number on a list of available trucks for dispatch.... no one told him that I had broken down over the weekend.  I told him I'd let him know as soon as I was back on the road so that he would have an idea of when I'd be empty.

I called the shop this morning for an update.  Apparently, Volvo sent the wrong parts and they were waiting on the right ones to arrive.  I entertained myself until checkout time, then I walked down to the truckstop.  I was hoping to stash my giant bag of clean laundry in the truck, but someone was out test-driving it.  So I'm sitting in the truck stop's cafe with all of my crap in the opposite booth seat.  I just hope I'm not here long enough that all the cigarette smoke seeps into my clean clothes. 

Still waiting on it to be finished, but if they're to the test-driving stage, there is a glimmer of hope that I could get out of here today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment