21 February 2013

Tupelo

I had a week of hometime scheduled in March, but I'm going to cancel it to make up for the week I had to spend at home earlier this month (I broke a molar and had to have several dentist visits and lots of pain meds so I couldn't drive that whole week). Which stinks because the week I would have been home in March was when my sister had spring break. I didn't get to see her much when I was home this time.

I got a load out of Indiana on Monday morning and it delivered on Tuesday in South Carolina. Picked up another load bound for southern Mississippi and I delivered there last night. It was supposed to be a live unload at 5:30am the next morning, but they very nicely changed it to a drop/hook (I didn't even know they did live unloads there. Every other load I've taken to that distribution enter has been a drop and hook) so that I didn't have to wait until the next day. Both were uneventful trips, which is nice. Dispatch told me to drive up to the terminal in northern Mississippi when I was done. I got there late this morning. I dropped my trailer and then went into the office to talk to the dispatcher. They didn't have any loads out because there's some kind of massive local thing going on in the next day or two where they have to move a bunch of loads from a few different shippers in a short time-frame. Not enough local drivers to do it, so a few OTR people are sticking around to help out. I rehooked to my empty and drove to Tupelo. I have a live load here first thing in the morning and then heading straight back to the terminal.

Hoping to get a load going to the southwest after this local thing is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment