26 September 2012

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

It's been a quiet week.  Lots of tidying up, packing things away in storage and trying to pare down my orientation stuff to a duffel bag and my backpack. 

I've finally decided which company I want to work for.  I want to do flatbed (because I'm insane, according to one of my instructors).... and maybe I'll love it and maybe it'll be the end of me... but it's what I want.

It's hard to know what type of trucking you want to do... all you can do really is read up, talk to other drivers, pick the type that appeals to you and see how it goes.

I got a prepaid sim card for my friend's old phone (they gave me their old iPhone 3), so at least I'll be able to stay in contact.  It uses the AT&T network, which seems to work well enough in my town... but we'll see what reception is like when I'm OTR.

I leave for orientation on Sunday morning.  Nine and a half hours on a Greyhound Bus.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment