30 September 2012

Travel Day

Today was just a very long bus ride.  9.5 hours on a Greyhound (not the longest, by any means).

I've just checked into the hotel and microwaved some soup for dinner.  Tomorrow is the first day of orientation and I want a good night's sleep.  I also need to make sure I don't miss the bus in the morning!

One nice thing already is that I have my own hotel room.  There are no other female students currently in orientation.  There are two parts to the hotel: the part where the trucking students stay and the part that is open to the public.  The public rooms are much nicer and I get to stay in one of those for all of orientation.  I'll have it to myself unless/until another female student arrives.

It's a non-smoking hotel (you can smoke outside on one specific side of the building only), which is nice.  People on the Greyhound bus today were smoking in the restroom and the whole bus reeked!

I brought some microwaveable soup and some Snack Pack pudding.  Enough to get me by until Tuesday night, when there's a shuttle to the local Walmart for provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment